To ensure you start 2017 with a bang, get your nearest dearest friends and throw a fantastic house party, filled with exciting party décor, cocktails made to be shared and special additions that will make your New Year’s Eve party a memorable one.
Add some shimmer to get your house into party mode. Gold, bronze and copper homewares are great for New Year’s Eve and can be used for other special occasions.
Adding fresh florals into the mix add a special touch as well, Calla Lilies are elegant and represent new beginnings, making them a perfect choice.
Pillow talk Celebrate Bottle Opener $19.99
Bed Bath N Table Morgan & Finch Shimmer Prism Tealight Holder $12.95
Wheel & Barrow Cocktail Shaker Copper Plated $29.95
Wheel & Barrow Paper Straws Gold Stripe pack of 25 $5.95
Bed Bath N Table Morgan & Finch Metallic Base Vase Wide $39.95
Calla Lilies represent new beginnings
Make the most of having all your friends together and get snapping. There’s something nostalgic about polaroid photos and you can create a fun feature wall using the snaps as part of your party decorations. Peg your polaroid photos to bunting or fairy lights to record and display the night’s moments.
Fairy light photo collage image from Scampi & Chips
Camera House Fuji Instax Mini with Grape Camera Case and 3 rolls Washi Tape Bonus $99.95
Kikki K Bunting Pack: New Year $9.95
Kmart Multi-Function Strong Lights – Warm White, 600 LED Bulbs $45
Kmart Battery Operated Confetti Glove String Lights – Gold 10 Bulbs $12
Make the most of the Queensland heat and bring your friends outside for some garden games.
Sunnylife Croquet Set Havana $69.95, available at Myer
Blazen Bocce Set $29.99, available at Rebel Sport
Preparing jugs of cocktails will make your role as host easier and more enjoyable. Invest in glass drink dispensers, jugs and decanters to keep serving simple.
Wheel & Barrow Drink Dispenser Vintage Milk Bottle Style $49.95
Riedel O Single Decanter $239.95, available at David Jones
Frosé (Frozen Rosé)
1 750 ml bottle hearty, bold rosé (such as a Pinot Noir or Merlot rosé)
½ cup sugar
225 grams strawberries, hulled, quartered
70 mils fresh lemon juice
- Pour rosé into a 13×9″ pan and freeze until almost solid (it won’t completely solidify due to the alcohol), at least 6 hours.
- Meanwhile, bring sugar and ½ cup water to a boil in a medium saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes. Add strawberries, remove from heat, and let sit 30 minutes to infuse syrup with strawberry flavour. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl (do not press on solids); cover and chill until cold, about 30 minutes.
- Scrape rosé into a blender. Add lemon juice, 3½ ounces strawberry syrup, and 1 cup crushed ice and purée until smooth. Transfer blender jar to freezer and freeze until frosé is thickened (aim for milkshake consistency), 25–35 minutes.
- Blend again until frosé is slushy. Divide among glasses.
Do Ahead: Rosé can be frozen 1 week ahead.
Watermelon Mint Cocktail
2 cups freshly pureed watermelon juice, strained
½ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
60ml your preferred white spirit, rum, vodka or tequila
½ cup sugar syrup (equal parts sugar and water, brought to the boil and cooled)
- Combine all ingredients together and enjoy this refreshing summer cocktail.
80ml beenleigh white rum
80ml peach cocktail mix
Squeeze of lime juice
1 cup soda water
- Combine white rum, peach cocktail mix, and lime in a cocktail shaker. Shake gently.
- Muddle mint leaves in a glass, add ice, pour liquid over and top with soda water.
Ingredients Sourcing Guide
White spirit, rum, vodka or tequila 750 ml rosé from Liquorland.
Sugar and soda water from Coles.
Strawberries, lemons, limes, watermelon, mint leaves from Indooroopilly Fruit.
Peach cocktail mix from Wheel & Barrow.
Frosé recipe from Bon Appetit.
Watermelon Mint Cocktail and Peach Mojito recipes from Wheel & Barrow.